NCCPA Media Room
Recent Press Releases:
- New Report Showcases Physician Assistants in 23 Specialties (July 2018)
- Johns Creek, GA, July 10, 2018 - Certified PAs are heavily integrated on health care teams in every specialty, according to the 2017 Statistical Report of Certified Physician Assistants by Specialty. The percentage of PAs working in surgical sub-specialties increased over 70 percent since 2013.... Read more.
- Just Released Data Registers Mobility Trends of Certified PAs (May 2018)
- Johns Creek, GA, May 22, 2018 - For the fifth straight year, the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA), has published PA workforce data — the most comprehensive statistical report on PAs nationwide, with over 91% of certified PAs providing input. The 2017 Statistical Report of Certified Physician Assistants points to seismic shifts in PA practice....Read more.
- Letter to the Editor of Consumer Reports from NCCPA Board Chair, Paul Lombardo, MPS, PA-C Emeritus (April 2018)
- Johns Creek, GA, April 24, 2018 - As chair of the Board of Directors of the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA), and as a certified PA for more than 30 years, I read with great interest your February 2018 article: “Will You See an Actual Doctor the Next Time You Go to the Doctor?”...Read more.
- PA Leader Assumes Chairmanship of National Physician Assistant Certification Board (January 2018)
- Johns Creek, GA, January 3, 2018 - With his assumption of the chairmanship of the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) on January 1, Paul Lombardo, MPS, PA-C Emeritus, became the first PA to serve on the governing boards of the profession's four largest national organizations...Read more.
- Newly Certified Physician Assistants Enter Welcoming Job Market (December 2017)
- Johns Creek, GA, December 7, 2017 - A just-published report representing over 8,000 PAs who were newly certified in 2016 shows that they are in great demand with a median starting salary of $95,000 and the highest salaries offered in radiation oncology, occupational medicine, gynecology, emergency medicine and psychiatry...Read more.
- Summit Offers Recommendations to Strengthen PA Involvement in Mental Health. (November 2017)
- Johns Creek, GA, November 1, 2017 - Recommendations have been published from the nccPA Health Foundation’s recent PArtners in Mental Health Summit, designed to engage and equip all PAs to provide greater access to care for patients’ mental health and substance use disorders...Read more.
- NCCPA celebrates National PA Week by spotlighting achievements of Certified PAs. (September 2017)
- Johns Creek, GA, September 13, 2017 - This year’s National PA Week (Oct. 6-12) marks a half-century of PAs delivering value-based, high-quality care.To celebrate the profession’s 50th anniversary, NCCPA is profiling 50 PAs who are representative of how the nation’s 115,000-plus Certified PAs are transforming healthcare in impactful ways...Read more.
- Newly released data reveals that Certified PAs continue to move into specialty areas, performing medical services and complex procedures in every specialty and clinical setting. (July 2017)
- Johns Creek, GA, July 18, 2017 - Newly released data reveals that Certified PAs continue to move into specialty areas, performing medical services and complex procedures in every specialty and clinical setting. According to the 2016 Statistical Report of Certified Physician Assistants by Specialty, a robust workforce of over 115,000 Certified PAs is transforming the delivery of healthcare by adapting to today’s integrative healthcare model...Read more.
- Mental Health on the Forefront of Issues for Certified Physician Assistants (June 2017)
- Johns Creek, GA, June 13, 2017 - Six national Physician Assistant (PA) organizations came together this past week to identify how to impact the mental health crisis in this country. The PArtners in Mental Health Summit, attended by nearly three dozen healthcare leaders, resulted in a unified commitment to work together to address the challenges of identifying and treating this critical patient care issue...Read more.
- PA Profession's 50th Anniversary Marked by Growth, Widespread Acceptance (April 2017)
- Johns Creek, GA, April 20, 2017 - Fifty years after the first three PAs graduated from Duke University, Certified PAs are key providers in the healthcare delivery system, practicing medicine and surgery in every state, specialty and clinical setting. The most comprehensive data available has just been published in the 2016 Statistical Profile of Certified Physician Assistants...Read more.
- Certified PAs Multiply in Numbers, Fill Healthcare Gaps and Bridge Language Barriers (Jan 2017)
- Johns Creek, GA, Jan. 31, 2017 - NCCPA has announced that the number of Certified PAs grew 6.5 percent last year to 115,500. NCCPA also released the latest Statistical Profile of Certified Physician Assistants by State showcasing the ongoing assimilation of PAs into healthcare systems and where PAs in every state and the District of Columbia are employed by specialty and clinical setting. The survey also reports on hours worked, insurance coverage, ethnicity, salary and income...Read more.
- NCCPA Announces New PA-C Emeritus Designation for Retiring PAs (Oct 2016)
- Johns Creek, GA, Oct. 25, 2016 - NCCPA has announced a new designation to honor currently and formerly certified Physician Assistants who have proven their dedication to lifelong learning and maintenance of certification and are now retired from practice...Read more.
- Recently Certified Physician Assistants in High Demand (Oct 2016)
- Johns Creek, GA, Oct. 4, 2016 - A just released statistical report on recently certified physician assistants (PA-Cs), shows Certified PAs are in great demand as soon as they graduate and pass the Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination (PANCE)...Read more.
- NCCPA Announces First-Ever Workforce Data on Physician Assistants in 22 Specialties (July 2016)
- Johns Creek, GA, July 13, 2016 - A first-ever practice specialty report, representing data from over 93% of the 108,500 certified physician assistants (PAs) in the U.S., shows that more than 70% now work in non-primary care specialties. The report also confirms that PAs in all specialties fulfill an important role in improving health care access for patients on Medicaid and Medicare...Read more.
- Number of Certified Physician Assistants Grows Over 35 Percent in Five Years (April 2016)
- Johns Creek, GA, April 1, 2016 - A just released report representing data from over 93 percent of all certified PAs in the U.S. points to rapid growth in the profession, which currently has almost 109,000 certified PAs practicing across every state, specialty and clinical setting...Read more.
- Over 200 Certified Physician Assistants Nationwide Earn Advanced Credential in Seven Specialties (January 2016)
- Johns Creek, GA, January 12, 2016 - Last year, 220 certified physician assistants (PA-Cs) were awarded an advanced credential after completing the requirements to earn a Certificate of Added Qualifications (CAQ) in their specialty. Approximately, 1000 PA-Cs have earned the CAQ to date...Read more.
- Certified Physician Assistants Provide Value-Based Care, Patients Benefit (September 2015)
- Johns Creek, GA, September 22, 2015 - Over 102,000 certified physician assistants (PA-Cs) are in the spotlight as the Center for Medicaid and Medicare Services focuses on value-based care — achieving the best outcomes at the lowest cost...Read more.
- 240 Physician Assistants Nationwide Earn Advanced Credential in 7 Specialties (January 2015)
- Johns Creek, GA, January 7, 2015 - Last month, 240 certified physician assistants (PA-Cs) who practice in seven specialties were awarded an advanced credential after completing the requirements to earn a Certificate of Added Qualifications (CAQ)in their specialty...Read more.
- Five Ways Certified Physician Assistants Deliver Care (September 2014)
- Johns Creek, GA, September 16, 2014 - Because "your health can't wait," the nation's 100,000 certified physician assistants (PA-Cs) are treating over 7 million patients every week in every clinical setting, including doctor's offices, emergency departments, surgical centers and hospitals...Read more.
- NCCPA Releases Comprehensive Workforce Data on Certified Physician Assistants (August 2014)
- Johns Creek, GA, August 6, 2014 - NCCPA releases its first statistical profile of certified PAs. The cumulative data represents responses from over 76,000 (80%) of certified PAs, making it the most comprehensive workforce data available anywhere about the PA profession...Read more.
- A new survey recently conducted for NCCPA shows that consumers are concerned about access to health care, provider shortages and being able to get appointments when they need them (April 2014)
- Johns Creek, GA, April 1, 2014 - A new consumer survey shows access to good and affordable health care is the number one concern of Americans today. Health care trumps five other major issues including national security, national debt, improving the quality of education, gun violence and protecting privacy rights, according to a survey recently conducted for the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)...Read more.
All Press Releases
Recent News Articles
Read an article from NCCPA's CEO/President, Dawn Morton-Rias, Ed.D, PA-C, Commentary The Case for Certified Physician Assistants. This article originally appeared in the March/April 2017 issue of the Physician Leadership Journal, published by the American Association for Physician Leadership. Reprinted with permission.
In the March issue of Population Health, NCCPA president and CEO, Dawn Morton-Rias, PA-C, discusses the many patient groups and clinical settings where PAs work in "Physician Assistants: Serving Special Populations."
Medscape, Ron Byerly, PA-C, “Physician Assistants Filling Gaps at Geisinger Health System
Managed Care Magazine, Dean Field, M.D. “Team Care and EHRs are Key to Preventive Medicine”
Physicians Practice, Randy Danielson, PA-C, and William Morgan, M.D. “10 Things MDs Should Know About PAs”
Read more articles...
More About NCCPA and Certified PAs: