About Us: Board of Directors
NCCPA’s board is a unique mix of certified PAs and those who represent the stakeholder groups who regulate, employ, supervise and seek the services of certified PAs. Those various perspectives all come together around a shared passion for the profession of certified PAs and a belief in the important role of certification.
2017 Board Members
Mary Warner, MMSc, PA-C - Chair - Physician Assistant Education Association nominee
Edward A. Amberg, MMS, MPH, PA-C - PA director at large
Claudette Dalton, MD - American Medical Association nominee
Timothy Evans, MD, PhD, FACP - American College of Physicians nominee
Cynthia Flournoy, MBA, FACHE, RHIA - public director at large
Katherine G. Footracer, MS, PA-C - PA director at large
Robin Hunter Buskey, DHSc, PA-C - Secretary - PA director at large
Joel A. Kase, DO, MPH - American Osteopathic Association nominee
Paul Lombardo, MPS, PA-C - Chair Elect - American Academy of Physician Assistants nominee
Jennifer R. Madonia, MS, PA-C - PA director at large
Dawn Morton-Rias, Ed.D, PA-C - NCCPA President/CEO
Jennifer B. Parker, PA-C - PA director at large
Peggy Riley Robinson, MS, MHS, PA-C - Federation of State Medical Boards nominee
John H. Stuemky, MD, FAAP - Treasurer - American Academy of Pediatrics nominee
Kendra Thomsen, PA-C, MPAS - PA director at large
Denni J. Woodmansee, MS, PA-C - Immediate Past Chair - U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs nominee
Our core values guide the way we make decisions and conduct ourselves as individuals and as an organization. We believe that values must be embodied by everyone who is part of our enterprise, and we are committed to the PRACTICE of:
- Professionalism – We show genuine respect and regard for those we certify and for their patients, serving others before ourselves.
- Responsibility – We are dedicated to safeguarding the integrity of the credential we confer with the ultimate aim of supporting public access to quality health care that is fair, just, and equitable; and we recognize a responsibility to apply our experience and expertise to benefit the international development of the PA profession.
- Accountability – We embrace the obligation we bear as the PA profession’s certification body to develop and administer exams and programs that are relevant, meaningful and affordable, and we hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards for the development and delivery of our products and services.
- Collaboration – We foster intellectual exchange, invite the input of key stakeholders, and seek diverse perspectives to inform our work built on a shared vision of the role of the PA on the health care team.
- Trust – We recognize that earning trust is an ongoing endeavor that requires integrity and ethical, credible and dependable performance.
- Inclusion – We are committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of our work and endeavor to foster diversity within the PA profession and health care.
- Certification – We believe in the inherent value of certification and certification maintenance as a career-long pursuit that fosters ongoing learning and development for the benefit of those who rely upon PAs for care.
- Excellence – We thoughtfully and purposefully seek ways to build stakeholder confidence and add value to the products and services we provide, always working to address changing needs appropriately and effectively.