About Us: Board of Directors
The NCCPA Board of Directors establishes the strategic direction for the organization, determines policies, and provides high level oversight of the work of NCCPA. The Board is comprised of Certified PAs, physicians and representatives from the public who rely upon Certified PAs and the rigor that the PA-C credential represents. This diversity of perspectives represented on the Board of Directors comes together around a shared passion for the PA profession and patients and a belief in the important role of certification.
Interested in getting more involved in the work of NCCPA? We are currently recruiting two new PA Board members to join for a four-year term beginning January 2021. Click here for more information and to review and complete the application, which begins on page 11. The application deadline is August 15, 2020.
2020 Board Members
Our core values guide the way we make decisions and conduct ourselves as individuals and as an organization. We believe that values must be embodied by everyone who is part of our enterprise, and we are committed to the PRACTICE of:
- Professionalism – We show genuine respect and regard for those we certify and for their patients, serving others before ourselves.
- Responsibility – We are dedicated to safeguarding the integrity of the credential we confer with the ultimate aim of supporting public access to quality health care that is fair, just, and equitable; and we recognize a responsibility to apply our experience and expertise to benefit the international development of the PA profession.
- Accountability – We embrace the obligation we bear as the PA profession’s certification body to develop and administer exams and programs that are relevant, meaningful and affordable, and we hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards for the development and delivery of our products and services.
- Collaboration – We foster intellectual exchange, invite the input of key stakeholders, and seek diverse perspectives to inform our work built on a shared vision of the role of the PA on the health care team.
- Trust – We recognize that earning trust is an ongoing endeavor that requires integrity and ethical, credible and dependable performance.
- Inclusion – We are committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of our work and endeavor to foster diversity within the PA profession and health care.
- Certification – We believe in the inherent value of certification and certification maintenance as a career-long pursuit that fosters ongoing learning and development for the benefit of those who rely upon PAs for care.
- Excellence – We thoughtfully and purposefully seek ways to build stakeholder confidence and add value to the products and services we provide, always working to address changing needs appropriately and effectively.