Each year, NCCPA joins the nation in recognizing Certified PAs’ dedication to providing high-quality, accessible health care to millions of patients across the country. While this important work is always cause for celebration, this year it feels especially pertinent to highlight the value and numerous contributions of PAs to the American health care system.
In the face of a pandemic, PAs have done what they’ve done since the beginning- rise to the occasion to meet the needs of patients. As COVID stretched so many of you to limits that were once unimaginable, you continue to get up for work each day to run towards what everyone else is trying to avoid.
That’s why this year, more than ever before, NCCPA is proud to honor PAs by participating in PA Week (October 6 – October 12), a weeklong celebration of the 139,000 Certified PAs currently changing and saving lives each day.
Here’s how we’re celebrating (and how you can join the fun!):
Spreading Awareness from Coast to Coast
NCCPA works diligently to educate the public about Certified PAs and the many ways they provide millions of people access to more affordable, high-quality health care.
During PA Week 2020, look for unique advertisements via Sling TV, on PatientPoint screens in thousands of medical offices nationwide and on digital billboards in the following locations:
- Atlanta - I-75/85-N ES N/O 14th St F/S
- Houston - I-69 Southwest Fwy NS W/O Kirkwood F/W
- Los Angeles - Santa Ana Fwy NS W/O Slauson F/S
- Orlando - I-4 SS 3.5mi W/O SR 417 F/SW
- Philadelphia - I-95 ES S/O Frankford Ave F/N
- New York City - 7th Avenue ES S/O 48th St F/W
- Facebook Frames: Check out our custom PA Week profile frames on Facebook! Instructions on how to add the frames can be found here.
- PA Week Zoom backgrounds: Jazz up your virtual meetings with one of our celebratory PA Week Zoom backgrounds:
- #PAsDoThat-and THAT too!: Do you have a special hobby or interest outside of PA practice? Tell us about it! Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, medical specialty, a photo of yourself wearing your white coat/scrubs, another picture of you doing that awesome thing you do, and briefly share how it’s making a difference in your life or the lives of others. We’ll highlight one PA on social media daily during PA Week using the #PAsDoThat hashtag!
Go Back to School!
Whether virtually or in-person, NCCPA encourages Certified PAs to return to their former elementary or secondary school to talk to students during PA Week.This new initiative, developed during recent PA roundtable discussions hosted by NCCPA, aims to introduce students to the PA profession and educate them on becoming a Certified PA.
NCCPA joins AAPA and many state chapters in supporting your outreach efforts by providing a presentation deck and related handouts for download.
Interested in going back to school? Please contact us.
First-Year PA Student Giveaway
As it's also important to include future PAs, NCCPA will continue to offer its annual PA Week giveaway to first-year PA students across the country! In addition to some nice goodies, students will also receive information about NCCPA and available resources with their giveaway. Students are encouraged to share photos with their giveaway on social with the hashtag #PAWeek2020 and by emailing us.
How are you celebrating PA Week 2020? Send us a picture of your celebration, along with a caption and you may just see your photo in our October NCCPA newsletter and/or social media posts!