NCCPA Media Room
Recent Press Releases:
- New Report Details How Certified PAs Are Addressing Demands for More Specialty Providers (July 11 2019)
- Johns Creek, GA, July 11, 2019 - Four years after its initial publication, the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) has published the Statistical Report of Certified Physician Assistants by Specialty, an in-depth report about Certified PAs in 23 medical specialties and subspecialties..... Read more.
- Certified PAs at the Forefront of 2019 Health Care Trends (December 2018)
- Johns Creek, GA, December 13, 2018 - As 2018 comes to a close, clear trends in health care are emerging that will increasingly require the services of Certified PAs. These include significant changes in technology, scope of practice, and specialization that will alter the way health care is delivered and who delivers it..... Read more.
- New White Paper Examines Shift of Certified PAs into Specialty Practice (October 2018)
- Johns Creek, GA, October 23, 2018 - Certified PAs carry a historic tradition of meeting America’s primary care needs, but as demographic shifts prompt the need for more specialty services, an overwhelming majority of the nation’s certified PAs are responding to the demand.... Read more.
- Demand Remains Strong for Newly Certified Physician Assistants (October 2018)
- Johns Creek, GA, October 8, 2018 - Certified PAs continue to be in high demand according to NCCPA’s 2017 Statistical Report of Recently Certified PAs. The comprehensive report, which is issued annually, shows that over 77 percent of these PAs had multiple job offers and an average starting salary of almost $95,000. For the second consecutive year, the highest salaries were in radiation oncology, occupational medicine, gynecology, emergency medicine and psychiatry.... Read more.
- AAPA and NCCPA Partner to Raise Public Awareness of PA Profession (September 2018)
- Johns Creek, GA, September 28, 2018 - The American Academy of PAs (AAPA) and the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) have partnered to raise public awareness of the PA profession by funding a nationwide advertising campaign. NCCPA has contributed $500,000 to this joint effort, matching funding approved by AAPA’s Board of Directors.... Read more.
- Health Care Experts Speak: How to Optimize Benefits of Certified PAs, NPs (September 2018)
- Johns Creek, GA, September 19, 2018 - Serious physician shortages are driving employers to seek ways to better recruit, assess and retain Advanced Practice Providers (APPs). However, the APP workforce is also increasingly competitive as the population’s demand for services is skyrocketing.... Read more.
- New Report Showcases Physician Assistants in 23 Specialties (July 2018)
- Johns Creek, GA, July 10, 2018 - Certified PAs are heavily integrated on health care teams in every specialty, according to the 2017 Statistical Report of Certified Physician Assistants by Specialty. The percentage of PAs working in surgical sub-specialties increased over 70 percent since 2013.... Read more.
- Just Released Data Registers Mobility Trends of Certified PAs (May 2018)
- Johns Creek, GA, May 22, 2018 - For the fifth straight year, the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA), has published PA workforce data — the most comprehensive statistical report on PAs nationwide, with over 91% of certified PAs providing input. The 2017 Statistical Report of Certified Physician Assistants points to seismic shifts in PA practice....Read more.
- Letter to the Editor of Consumer Reports from NCCPA Board Chair, Paul Lombardo, MPS, PA-C Emeritus (April 2018)
- Johns Creek, GA, April 24, 2018 - As chair of the Board of Directors of the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA), and as a certified PA for more than 30 years, I read with great interest your February 2018 article: “Will You See an Actual Doctor the Next Time You Go to the Doctor?”...Read more.
- PA Leader Assumes Chairmanship of National Physician Assistant Certification Board (January 2018)
- Johns Creek, GA, January 3, 2018 - With his assumption of the chairmanship of the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) on January 1, Paul Lombardo, MPS, PA-C Emeritus, became the first PA to serve on the governing boards of the profession's four largest national organizations...Read more.
All Press Releases
Recent News Articles
Read an article from NCCPA's CEO/President, Dawn Morton-Rias, Ed.D, PA-C, Commentary The Case for Certified Physician Assistants. This article originally appeared in the March/April 2017 issue of the Physician Leadership Journal, published by the American Association for Physician Leadership. Reprinted with permission.
In the March issue of Population Health, NCCPA president and CEO, Dawn Morton-Rias, PA-C, discusses the many patient groups and clinical settings where PAs work in "Physician Assistants: Serving Special Populations."
Medscape, Ron Byerly, PA-C, “Physician Assistants Filling Gaps at Geisinger Health System
Managed Care Magazine, Dean Field, M.D. “Team Care and EHRs are Key to Preventive Medicine”
Physicians Practice, Randy Danielson, PA-C, and William Morgan, M.D. “10 Things MDs Should Know About PAs”
Read more articles...
More About NCCPA and Certified PAs: